Creative Direction Resume
Matthew Kenney Cuisine
CREATIVE DIRECTOR, from September 2014 – September 2015
Works within the senior leadership team to formulate and impress brand vision and aesthetic/creative direction for all 12 entities, across all business sectors of the company: Education, Hospitality, Products, Services and Media.
Continually moldes strategy to meet long-term brand objectives, while engaging and inspiring internal and freelance creative and dev teams. Lead film, television, press and media shoots across all locations globally; including creating advanced rich-media content for the online culinary school, voted #1 new cooking school by Food & Wine magazine.
Conceptualized and launched multiple flagship projects globally, including: U.S. restaurants, state-of-the-art culinary academy in a 5-star Thailand resort, and multiple location fast-casual juice bar concept. All projects included brand, environment, creative, collateral, and digital direction.
Re-branded the corporate Matthew Kenney Cuisine brand profile, and successfully launched new company website within a very short production schedule to meet new partnership deadlines. New brand style guide was implemented across all print and digital collateral within just a few days.
CREATIVE DIRECTOR, from 2012 – 2014
Built from the ground up, launched and successfully sold Installation Media and Installation Magazine, #1 digital contemporary art magazine on mobile platforms. Spearheaded its international brand positioning, the UI/UX design of all digital products and formulated strategy in monumental user base growth from inception.
Increased Installation Mag user base from 10k circulation to 250,000 by building major media sponsorships with BMW, Cadillac, Uber, Ruinart, Paddle8, Artsy and Barneys New York. Received media accolades and awards from industry-leading publications and agencies.
Forged ongoing partnerships with U.S. art institutions: The Getty, LACMA, MoMA. Secured and produced live activations in top tier art fairs around the world including Art Basel (Switzerland), The Armory Show, ZonaMACO (Mexico City) and VOLTA.
Managed international development team to aid digital production for Installation Media’s clients within art and technology. Produced and conceptualized large-scale creative installations, both public and private, with major brands sponsors.
HEAD OF OPERATIONS, from 2009 – 2012
- Lead the interactive development and mobile strategy team to deliver million+ dollar campaigns across digital/print landscapes for Virgin, IBM, Ford, EMI, Canal+, HP, the Ritz-Carlton brand-at-large, and France’s Festival de Cannes.
- Working directly with the Creative Director/CEO, managed the transition of the company’s success in Europe to the U.S. market, building out the creative team and sourcing international production.
- While increasing revenue 3000% over 4 years, our client retention was 90% after new projects. From advertising oversight, art direction, and production management to long-term brand strategy activations, created streamlined workflows that delivered each quarter.
- Promoted from Sr. Art Director within 6 months.
Prorsum Imagist, New York
INTERACTIVE MARKETING DIRECTOR, from 2006 – 2008
- Prepared Prorsum Imagist for acquisition, merging the interactive, film and fashion departments into one cohesive operation that delivered sub-contracted art and production services to Saatchi+Saatchi, Kraft Foods, Converse, Helmut Lang, Levis and hi-end labels.
CREATIVE MEDIA COORDINATOR, from 2005 – 2006
- Began while enrolled in college, continued full-time upon graduation.
- Working with the Sr. Vice President of Marketing and Publicity, built their early-stage social engagement programs from ideation, which were later adopted into MGM Studios’ practices company wide.
Garet can be available for full-time & project-specific creative direction, brand strategy and business development + growth.
Garet is based between Los Angeles and San Francisco, however he can work with clients from all over the world. Projects can be completed in English, Spanish, French and Italian.